• An authentic 19th-century country village with restored historic buildings and costumed interpreters
• Home to the John L. Wehle Gallery and a nature center
• The largest and most comprehensive living history museum in New York State
• Envisioned and founded by John L. Wehle, then president of the Genesee Brewing Co., who served as Chairman of the Board until his death in 1993.
• Stuart Bolger oversaw the museum’s development, assuming the title of director emeritus in later years.
• Doris Hoot filled the buildings with period furnishings that brought them to life.
• Chartered by the state Board of Regents in 1966; first opened its doors on July 4, 1976.
• Today there are 68 buildings furnished with 15,000 total artifacts
• Interactive programs, events and exhibits
• Trade, craft, cooking and agricultural demonstrations daily
• The nation’s only working 19th-century brewery; a Civil War-era gas balloon; the only museum-based, wood-fired salt-glaze kiln; and the country’s first recreated 19th-century base ball park.
• The gallery, following a recent major renovation, presents permanent works in a series of themed rooms
• Educational programs for children; adult classes; and professional development programs for teachers.
• Peter Arnold—President & CEO
• Samantha Nickerson—CFO
• Chuck LeCount—Sr. Director, Programs & Collections
• Alan Braun & Susan Duffin, Brian Nagel, Peter Wisbey, Patricia Tice and Melanie Diaz
• To inspire excitement and curiosity about the past and an appreciation for its relevance today.
• Address: PO Box 310, 1410 Flint Hill Road, Mumford, NY, 14511
• Phone: (585) 538-6822
• Website: www.gcv.org
• Email: email@example.com
• Hours: May 11-Sept. 2: 10 am-4pm Tues.-Sun. & holidays, Sept. 3-Oct. 14: Wed.-Sun. & holidays
Genesee Valley Publications, Inc. encourages you to shop locally!