The “RMSC Community Science Challenge” campaign, created by Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) to raise funds for its many hands-on programs and exhibits, has exceeded its goal. From November 25 through December 31, 2013, the RMSC sought to evoke the giving spirit of the community and raise $50,000. An RMSC Board of Trustees member and his wife promised to contribute $25,000 to the RMSC if the goal was met, and it was. The RMSC raised a total of $77,275.
“We are very grateful to our community for their generous contributions,” said Kate Bennett, president, RMSC. “We raised essential funds to keep inspiring youth and their families throughout the Rochester area.”
Community support helps the RMSC to give back to Rochester community members in several ways. The RMSC:
• Engages nearly 400,000 visitors annually in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) with more than 200 hands-on exhibits.
• Excites 60,000 school-aged children annually about STEM through exhibits and programs.
• Serves 12,000 low-income families and individuals with disabilities annually by providing free admission.
• Prepares 10 to 15 at-risk youths each year for workforce readiness
- Inspires more than 2,500 children through interactive science in its annual Summer Fun camps.
Donations can be made to the RMSC by contacting Pam Jackson, vice president, development & marketing, RMSC at 585.697.1936 or email@example.com, or online at www.rmsc.org/support and click on “Donate.”
Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) includes the Science Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium and Cumming Nature Center. Offering experiences at the Museum with more than 200 interactive exhibits, Planetarium with a 65-foot dome and Nature Center on 900 acres, the RMSC stimulates community interest in exploration. In addition, the more than 1.2 million RMSC collection items tell the story of Rochester’s past including its rich history of innovation and invention. RMSC receives major funding from Monroe County, where it is of the top three most visited attractions serving children and families. For more information about RMSC, visit www.rmsc.org. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.