Designing a marketing campaign can be daunting for even the most experienced business owner. Many ask themselves, “How will I know my investment will be worth it? What should I say in my ad? How can I get customers to react?”
We believe planning is the key to your success! So, we’ve developed eight questions to help you express your marketing goals and ROI expectations with confidence. We recommend reading these and brainstorming some answers before you meet with your ad consultant. The more detailed you can be, the more it will help us design the perfect campaign for you!
- What do I want to achieve with my advertising? Think in terms of your short-term and long-term business goals in 6 weeks, 6 months, a year, 10 years.
- What would I like my ad to do? Ads are designed differently depending on your desired outcome. Want to build your brand? Generate leads? Return coupons?
- What defines my customers? Answer the big three for your business: Who are your customers? Where do they come from? Why do they do business with you?
- What is my advertising style? Which ads worked before and which did not? Bring in examples of other ads you liked as well as a high-resolution jpeg image of your logo.
- What are my challenges? It may be a group of customers you have trouble reaching, a new competitor or a challenge you anticipate in the future; express your concerns.
- What are my expectations? Describe your current advertising. What have appreciated or disliked in the past? Be clear about the amount of communication and follow up you prefer from your advertising consultant.
- What drives my budget? This goes beyond dollars and cents. Consider what a typical customer is worth to you, what your competitors are spending on advertising and what you feel comfortable investing on a weekly/monthly basis to let people know you are the best in the area.
- What is my big picture? Can your ad consultant help you with your website, brochures and flyers, swag for your front counter or next event? Ask them!