The Fairport community is preparing to vote on the Fairport Central School District’s proposed capital improvement project, Fairport Forward: Foundations for the Future, on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at the Johanna Perrin Middle School gymnasium from 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Highlights of the proposed $56.7 million Phase 1 Capital Improvement Project include:
• Secure entrances at each building and districtwide safety improvements
• Districtwide infrastructure maintenance and boiler replacements
• Technology rooms renovation at Johanna Perrin Middle School
• Science classroom upgrades at Fairport High School and Martha Brown Middle School
• Reconfigured bus loop and student drop-off/ pick-up at Jefferson Avenue School
• Cafeteria and gymnasium renovation at Fairport High School
• New corridor and lockers at Fairport High School
• Multi-purpose fields at Fairport High School for physical education and athletics
With 77.9% of the cost delivered through New York State aid, the impact on the average property of $200,000 is an estimated $45 a year. This impact is for a period of 15 years during which the debt is paid and state building aid is received.
On the Ballot:
• Proposition #1 is the proposed capital project
• Proposition #2 is the capital building reserve fund
To learn more information about this project, visit: fairportcapitalprojects.org/about-2019-project.